Imaging & TMS Rates
The Brain Mapping Center does not perform clinical MRI, PET or TMS studies. The rates below are ONLY applicable to research studies that have passed relevant review and approval processes by the Brain Mapping Center and by other relevant regulatory committees such as the UCLA IRB. If you are a patient or physician wishing to schedule a clinical MRI, PET or TMS study at UCLA, such studies cannot be scheduled in the Brain Mapping Center. Please see instead the UCLA Health website at http://www.uclahealth.org/.
MRI Acquisition (1.5T and 3T Scanners)
- Prime Time (6:00 AM – 9:00 PM) $600/hr
- Off Hours (9:00 PM – 6:00 AM) $400/hr
- Technical Support at non-BMC Sites & Data Management Services - $80/hr
- Late Cancellation Fee (after 5PM of day preceding the scheduled scan but prior to scan start time) - $120/hr Prime Time, $80/hr Off Hours
MRI Acquisition - 7T Scanner
- Prime Time (8 AM - 6 PM) - $200/hr
- Off Hours (6 PM - 8 AM) - $125/hr
- Overnight Studies (During the period 6:01 PM - 7:59 AM only) - The $125/hr rate applies up to a maximum of 4 hr. Therefore, the overnight charge does not exceed $500 unless the study extends beyond 8 AM at which point the $200/hr rate applies.
- Late Cancellation Fee (Cancellation after 5 PM of day preceding the scheduled scan but prior to scan start time) - 20% of scheduled scan time, i.e., $40/hr for Prime Time or $25/hr for Off Hours up to a maximum of $100 for an overnight study.
Please note: if the Brain Mapping Center Technologist is unavailble to perform the study, the rate will be reduced by $125.
- F-18 Radiopharmaceuticals & C-11 Single Injection Studies
- Cost of radioisotope dose or data analysis not included; to be provided by Researcher
- Qualitative Study (no blood samples) - $1265
- Includes transmission and emission scans, attenuation correction
- Quantitative Study A (no metabolic rates) - $1880
- Includes transmission and emission scans, attenuation correction,
- blood sampling and counting
- Quantitative Study B - $1980
- Same components as in Quantitative Study A plus metabolic rate images
- O-15 Water
- Other radioIsotopes
- Please contact Jessica Wang Cheng for non-O15 (FDG, FDOPA, FDDNP etc) radioisotope fees
- Radiosotope prices are subject to change and should be confirmed with Jessica prior to grant submissions etc.
- FDG can also be purchased through PETNET for $200/dose
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Acquisition
- Data Acquisition $350/hr (prorated in 15min increments)
- Data Acquisition with EMG or EEG - $425/hr
- MRI/fMRI frameless stereotaxy setup (MRI not included) - $200/hr
- Prorated in 15min increments